Thursday, February 4, 2010

The power of thought...NOT to be underestimated!

I'm very fortunate for many reasons. I have a beautiful, intelligent and loving partner; I have a nice place to come home to every night; I have a good job that pays me well for what I do; I'm in the right place at the right time to attain all my future goals and thank heavens for this one: I HAVE THE ABILITY TO HEAL!! Let me explain...

When I moved to TO in the Fall of 2009, I started to develop allergies to the environment, dust and even mint (weird eh?). Every day was a new day of struggling to breathe normally: stuffy nose, watery eyes, lethargy, skin problems and even the occasional asthma attack. I had a couple of close calls, one being at a long awaited concert last summer. We were on our way to the Molson Amphitheatre on a very hot and humid summer day when suddenly my lungs started to close up. We managed to make it to our seats and watch the opening act for 10 minutes when it got to a point where I just couldn't breathe anymore - my eyes were bloodshot and my face was swelling up. In a panic, we sought help from the paramedics on scene who were very helpful. After a lenghty dose of Flovent through a face mask, I was ready for the main act! Not a pleasant experience - definitely and eye opener.

I've since sought all sorts of help; from negative allergy tests to puffers to insane amounts of Claritin, Allegra, prescribed antihistamines, nasal sprays, herbs, home remedies, turning my heat off for an entire winter (recommended by a physician!) and finally...I was prescribed Prednisone at an emergency room; the mother of all Cortisone drugs after going into complete respiratory arrest about three weeks ago (even scarier than the first one!).

You're probably thinking: "So the post says the power of thought is involved here...in what way??" Well, another form of help I sought was of a more spiritual nature. I started to listen to audio books about self-healing in the form of energy and thoughts. As a last resort, I figured I'd give it a shot...what was I to lose? After several days of practicing what I was tought (which is a whole other post's worth of information...or maybe two!) I started to feel different - not as lethargic and groggy and feeling generally a bit better. And then like a bull in a china shop came an unexpected respiratory attack...and it was very serious.

This may sound crazy, but I truly believe that it was a gift from the great beyond...seriously! I was given 5 Prednisone tablets at the hospital, one was to be taken every day for 5 days. I must admit, it helped a great deal. It replaced the loads of daily Antihistamines and puffers single-handed. I expected to resume all prior medications and once again be plugged up like a dried up bottle of glue upon stopping the Prednisone; which is what usually happens after taking this drug - in fact, your condition is expected to be periodically more severe as the medication is expelled from your body! But to my amazement, it's been over 2 weeks since I've taken ANY medications and I CAN BREATHE AGAIN!! Apart from a few sniffles in the morning, I feel like I did when I left Moncton...AMAZING! Maybe that last attack was an effect of the healing process - the last big bang before the final goodbye. Maybe, just MAYBE the mind can in fact heal the body. I believe it can...and even if my problems were to come back some day, it wouldn't matter because I feel like a million bucks today and that's all that matters! Today is TRULY a present...

If you're wondering where I'm learning this technique as well as a whole wealth of other ones, here's the link to the main site. http://www.theamericanmonk.com/


The one technique that helped me is called "The Healing Triangle". Highly recommended if you you truly believe in my claim. And even if you're a major skeptic, deep down inside I know you are a believer!

No comments:

Post a Comment